Monday, December 19, 2011

Random Ramblings

Well I am officially a slacker. I will try and post more. The other day some friends and I went to see the Christmas lights at Temple Square. It was as always absolutely beautiful. I am so lucky that one day I will be married in a building so exquisite as that. I have been home for Christmas break for just under a week now and I have just about exhausted all my distractions to keep me busy. I guess it's time to get creative. I do have a few good friends that I have yet to catch up with so maybe that will be my focus this week, along with the few presents I am still getting for family members.  Yesterday I went to one of my old roomies and really good friends mission farewells. It made me so excited and nervous for my own. Kalee is going to be the coolest missionary in the field! My Dad asked me if every girl I knew was going on a mission and it seems like pretty much we all are. He was wondering why that is and I think I have a pretty good theory. Men are just bigger chickens than ever before and because of this they are freeing up more 21 year old women to go on missions. So many of the future Sister missionaries I know of are incredible and beautiful, really the whole package and then some. But they are still single? Well sweet! Now we have the opportunity to serve the Lord, to learn and grow in the spirit, and spread joy. I guess in a way I am glad that men are such pansy's in todays world. Free's up all us amazing women to share the gospel. Now I am not saying that the only reason girls go on missions is because they are single, but you can't very well go on one when married or engaged, so it certainly does help.




No comments:

Post a Comment