Saturday, April 28, 2012

Lesson From the Kiddos'

Today was sooo fun! And weird! A married man asked me for my number for his friend who he has a feeling should take me on a date... okay, can you tell we are in Utah yet? Haha so funny. I got to help with a fundraiser for Tessa, who is on her third round of Cancer relapse. It was great to see how many people came to support her! At one point I was over the three legged race for kids. It was incredibly cute!! In a pair of brothers that were racing, the younger one kept falling and the older just kept reaching down, lifting him up, setting him back on his feet, and telling him it was okay and to keep going. What made it so touching was they were probably 4 and 6 year olds. As I watched the thought popped into my mind, that, that is the reason for us to be here on earth. To encourage, lift, and lighten our brothers and sisters no matter how many times they fall, or hold us back in the race of life (the time it takes out of our day). To show charity. That is why we are here and it was inspiring to see it displayed so plainly by such young examples.

No comments:

Post a Comment