Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Feeding Wolves

I once heard a story that went something like this:

An old Cherokee told his grandson,  "My son, there is a battle between two wolves inside us all. One is EVIL. It's anger, jealousy, greed, resentment, inferiority, lies, and ego. The other is GOOD. It's joy, peace, love, hope, humility, kindness, and truth." The boy thought about it, and asked: "Grandfather, which wolf wins?" The old man quietly replied: "The one you feed."

Lately I have been feeding the evil wolf. To those of you whom have experienced this from me, I am sorry. I especially want to apologize to my roomie/music & fashion soulmate, you mean a great deal to me. I really feel terrible about lashing out in the heat of my jealousy and feelings of inferiority, there is no excuse for that kind of attitude and I'm sorry. I am sorry that my insecurities were taken out on you.

A suggestion found on pinterest today said to "Beginning today: treat everyone you meet as if they were going to be dead by midnight. Extend to them all the care, kindness, and understanding you can muster and do it with no thought of  any reward. Your life will never be the same again."

 I think that is a great way to start feeding the good wolf and I challenge myself to do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment